Throw to Grow is a collaborative initiative of Lets Drift with seed-balls Kenya, Miti alliance, and cook well jikos. The goals is to plant over 1,000000 trees (Savana acacia) on the Kikuyu-Nachu escarpments. The hike begins at Lusigetti where we will then head to the Kikuyu escarpments and throw the seed balls.
- Escarpment views
- Throwing seedballs
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day.
- Acacia Seedballs
What’s Not Included
- Transport (Ksh 300)
0700hrs: Departure at the benches near Bata Shop Hilton (opposite Kencom)
Route: Nairobi – Karen- Lusigetti
0810 hrs: Hike briefing & stretches
0820 hrs: Start the hike
1300 hrs: Complete the hike
1430 hrs: Lunch
About this Activity
Duration: 6 hrs
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel via psv, we will meet up at the benches near Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
This trip is Self-drive friendly and has safe parking: Shell petrol station Lusigetti – Pin Location
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Our experiences are led by professional hiking guides, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- The trail is NOT suitable for kids.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
- Hiking Gear Guide
- Hiking Gear Vendors
- Trail Difficulty Guide
- Trail Gallery
- Strava Routes
- Guide Bios
- Participation Badges
- Whatsapp Text Helpline
- Drift Shop
- Book a Private Drift
- Rate Lets Drift on Google
SOURCE: Let’s Drift